Looking to learn more about how to use ChatGPT?
Artificial Intelligence (AI), machine learning, and natural language processing – they’re all names being thrown around when it comes to high-tech solutions that promise greater efficiency and efficacy. But what is this new ChatGPT thing everyone’s talking about?
Individuals conversant with the tech space would be familiar with the latest language model making rounds on the internet called ChatGPT. It is currently one of the most trending topics on the internet and has not failed to amaze people with what it can do.
It’s also breaking records, with over a million users signing up in just five days, having launched on the 30th of November, 2022. Chat GPT is an effective tool when it comes down to giving breakdowns of problems and giving explanations in fine detail. Made by the same creators of Open AI, ChatGPT is a chat box that is seen as a master product in generative AI.
However, what exactly is ChatGPT, why is it so valued, and how does it benefit you as an individual or business? In this article, we’ll discuss how to use ChatGPT, some of its use cases, and also its limitations.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a language model made by OpenAI that interacts conversationally. It is an AI technology that can answer follow-up questions, challenge incorrect premises, or even reject inappropriate requests. It makes it easy for users to converse with robots with seemingly natural dialogue.
ChatGPT can also do things like; correct grammar, convert movies to emojis, breaks down complex text into simpler, more understandable concepts, and can even fix bugs in python code.
It is an improvement to GPT2, an autoregressive language model that generates text in a human-like manner and is trained by AI and machine learning. In simpler terms, ChatGTP is an AI dialogue-based tool that allows users to prompt an AI and engage in conversation. The idea behind ChatGPT is great, but how do we use it, and how useful will it be in our daily lives?
How to Use ChatGPT
ChatGPT is free to use. To use it, simply visit Open AI, log in with a new account, and then select the ChatGPT interface. You’ll see a page showing you the examples, capabilities, and limitations of ChatGPT.
At the bottom of the ChatGPT page, you will find a text field where you can ask a question, type in a prompt, or insert a problem.
ChatGPT provides solutions to problems and answers questions with such great detail and simplicity that one might think it’s done by an actual individual, like a professional in the field. One great thing about ChatGPT is that it’s practical for almost anything. It is exceptionally precise with its answers and makes one wonder what things might be like in the future of development.
How to Use ChatGPT for Business
ChatGPT is much more than just a language model. It is also a great tool that can help scale your business. For businesses that are code-related, ChatGPT is an excellent tool for making work faster. For instance, if a business provides website business services, one can use ChatGPT to generate the code needed to build the specific kind of website.
However, not all businesses are code related, so how can an average business owner benefit from ChatGPT? For a business that might need to scan numerous resumes, ChatGPT can scan through the entire resumes and identify key criteria like a skill or job experience, then separate those individuals for further review.
This can save a recruiter numerous hours of work going through each resume one at a time. ChatGPT can also be used to write cover letters, website copy, blog content, and numerous other things that can help improve the efficiency of a business and increase its chances of scaling.
How to Use ChatGPT for SEO
ChatGPT can also be used to help improve any website’s SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). It is a powerful tool that can help generate keywords and other SEO-related data on the spot based on machine learning and artificial intelligence.
ChatGPT has made SEO techniques even more powerful. There are so many ways an SEO expert can leverage this language model:
- Firstly, an SEO expert can easily get short or long-tail keywords to target for a blog post.
- ChatGPT can also be used to generate interesting title tags for web content or blogs. It can also write articles, making it easier for the SEO expert to focus on SEO best practices rather than the content itself.
- Want to follow SEO best practices? One can simply ask ChatGTP to provide relevant LSI keywords that can be added to the content and even write on these keywords.
SEO techniques can be made more powerful and effective with ChatGTP; however, since Google doesn’t like AI-generated content, there still needs to be an editing phase and fine-tuning optimization by an SEO consultant for SEO content generated with ChatGPT. This is especially important when targeting high-competition keywords.
ChatGPT can also help content reach the featured snippet section of google by writing content in an NLP format. These are just some of the basic SEO techniques enhanced by ChatGPT, not to mention the more technical parts of SEO.
ChatGPT Examples and Use Cases
There are numerous use cases for ChatGPT, and more are currently being discovered daily. Below is a list of the most interesting use cases we could find:
- Simplifying complex ideas and theories
- Create an automated social media bot
- Writing custom code
- Fix problems with existing code
- Generate a short copy
- Generate long-form content
- Create custom marketing plans
- Create custom workout plans
- Customise meal plan
- Create text-based games
- Edit content or article
- Generate creative writing prompts
There are so many interesting and unique things that ChatGPT can be used for; the above are just a few use cases.
Here are the top five limitations of ChatGPT:
- Data bias: GPT-3 is trained on a large dataset of text from the internet, which may contain biases reflected in the model’s output.
- Lack of common sense: GPT-3 may not have a deep understanding of the real world and may not be able to apply common sense reasoning to generate text.
- Limited control: It can be difficult to control the specific content or style of the text that GPT-3 generates, as the model is designed to generate text based on the input it is given.
- Lack of originality: GPT-3 may generate text similar to existing text rather than being original.
- Limited context: GPT-3 may not be able to carry over important information or context between generated text segments, as it does not have a long-term memory.
ChatGPT is an innovative type of AI that promises to revolutionize the way we go about our day-to-day lives. It’s only in its infancy, but early indications suggest it could soon be a major player across multiple industries – transforming how work gets done and impacting us all daily.